Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias
Most people want to remain in their own home for as long as possible. Those with progressive cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s fair much better in the familiar surroundings of home.
Our trained caregivers can help seniors age in place in a safe and comfortable manner.
All of our caregivers go through the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ Certification program.
Care can start out slow and increase as the needs increase. Our caregivers understand and can manage the ups and downs associated with Alzheimer’s. Our caregivers will assist and engage their client and let the client be as independent yet safe as possible.
Life is much easier for the spouse when their loved one with dementia is able to remain home with help from a caregiver. The spouse can get out of the house and keep up their own social engagement activities knowing their spouse is safe and being engaged.
Examples of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Encouragement for senior to be as independent as possible
- Stand by bathing or hands on personal care
- Light organization
- Encourage engagement and activities
- Maintain daily routine
- Mental stimulation through conversation
- Meal assistance and preparation
- Transportation and errands
- Pet care
- Light housekeeping
- Respite care
- Assistance with dementia related referrals